Sunday, March 2, 2008

Beginning of the long week

So I made a "guestimate" and came up a few tenths short this AM. 19.2 miles for the day. Kate Reicher and Dave Rubin were responsible for the 7 minute (and sometimes sub) pace for the first 10 (they turned back and did a total of 12 and left me to my misery) and then we settled back into something more reasonable. A balmy 38 degrees out here with a strong wind from the south. Made for a nice return, but also a bit dehydrated. I will be ready for mileage this week. The down week last week charged the battery. We'll see how I feel on Friday evening and Saturday AM.......

7 comments:

Ed said...

watch the speed!!!! you have ni vusiness doing fast long runs. I ran 18 today at an average of 9:00 - 9:30 per mile. Granted that may be a little too slow, but certainly 8-8:30 makes a lot more sense than 7 or sub 7!

JP said...

Yeah. You guys were flying. Chris remarked at one point that you were going to be awfully disappointed when Kate and Rubin stop after 10-12. Nice 19+ mile LT though!

Chris said...

how's the balm, jp?

JP said...

Bag Balm is the greatest thing ever invented, Chris. What Chris is referring to: Apparently in my current blimpy state I'm a bit more susceptible to chafing than I realized... and after my long run on Saturday (and during for that matter) I somehow managed to chafe the flying F out of my 'taint. That's right. Don't ask me how.

Bottomline is... I did 8 or so recovery miles today with a badly chafed 'taint and then showered (OUCH!) and applied nearly an entire container of Bag Balm (no pun here -- remember 'taint balls and 'taint ass, that's why it's called a 'taint).

Thanks for asking though!

JP said...

Oh... and I better add that Chris didn't discover my chafing issue... I informed him of it while we were running. Too funny to keep to myself.

Matt said...

I'm horrified by the direction of these comments. How do you end up here from my business-like post?

JP said...

I blame Chris