Monday, February 11, 2008

Now that's a hill



So thinking that I had done a few hills in Lemont, I decided to climb to the highest point in downtown San Fran this morning. Ooooh, did I get my "come uppance." Note the nearly straight uphill nature of the first minute. That might be a tad exaggerated, but not too much. Needless to say, I was happy to head down to Fisherman's Wharf and run along the water once I got down from the summit. FIFTY TWO DEGREES at 6a when I went out this morning. Understanding that it's still damn cold back in Chicago, I'm going to have an evening stansa and go for another run out here by the airport. For those inquiring minds, 830s on the ascent, mid to low 7's on the remainder.

2 comments:

JP said...

Ah yes. I've done that hill. It's steeper on the climb back from the waterfront than it is climbing it from downtown on your way to the wharf. Punishment.

No better place to run. Enjoy!

Ed said...

John that big belly turns me on...