Thursday, May 17, 2007

Getting Our Groove Back

Nice tempo workout this morning. JP, Rick and I were the three amigos. It's a good thing Cahn is too wimpy to do an early morning workout. The north headwind would have shaken that little guy up. My 2 lb dominance kept me moving in a positive direction.

Yes, the winds were strong, but not enough of a deterrent to keep us from having a good workout.

Eight miles total, six at tempo. I have no idea what my heart rate was, but managed the following laps: 6:44, 6:54, 7:39, 6:30, 6:28, 6:18.

Ed, you need to let us know when you can run next week.

2 comments:

JP said...

I figured out my heart rate issue... Don't know why this happens - but periodically (and without prompting) my Polar will reset itself to the 220 minus age heart rate max number. That's what it did... and that's why I thought I was at 92% for most of the run. I was holding back because I was sure if the HR monitor was right that I'd be toast after a few miles... I would have been better off without it.

Have you guys ever had that problem with your Polar? This is the third or fourth time that this model has done this. What am I supposed to do? Check my user information in the watch every time I use it to make sure it hasn't reset itself??? Ridiculous.

Rick said...

Great job today out there Chris!

Not sure on the Polar, since mine has had much use over the last 2 years. I am using "The Force" these days.