Monday, April 28, 2008

Ravenswood Run Report: 2 PRs and a PW

The Ravenswood 5K was on Sunday. I was really worried about DNF'ing, so I set a low pace bar (7 minute miles) trying to account for my 180 pounds and lack of running. Luckily, I hung on for dear life to sneak under 21 minutes. All that effort for a PW. It could have been worse though. I was just happy not to have a 5K DNF on my permanent record.

Congratulations to Josh and Matt who both ran 5K PRs!

72  11  67 Joshua Rich    18:22  5:55   18:27
98 15 86 Matthew Gibson 18:51 6:04 18:56

3 comments:

Danni said...

Hey Rick! You got a workout in at least :)

Ed said...

Yeh Rick!!!!!!!!


I am very happy to see you have returned amongst us runners...

chunky or not!

Danni I hear your ultra training is going very well....

JP said...

Nice work Rick. I know what it's like to post PW's... but this is just the early stages of a comeback. Hope you're feeling healthy and look forward to you returning to form. Great times for Matt and Josh as well. I guess Matt's legs have recovered from last week's torture. Mine haven't.